Estee Lauder is releasing a new collection this month for Spring 2011, called “Wild Violet”. As you can see above, it’s a very descriptive name, as most products contain a violet product within them.
“In this intensely vivacious collection, lips delight in shades of electric orange, brazen cherry and violet plum, eyes are smoldering in muted neutrals with wisps of purple for maximum depth and attention while nails are rich and smokey in a modern charcoal. Adding to the collection, a vivid, lush fragrance that has a first impression of Genet Flower, Mandarin, Purple Freesia, Blue Jasmine and Wild Gardenia to create a lively experience and then Amberwood is blended in to complete scent with an energetic, multi-sensorial vibrancy.“
The collection will consist of:
- 4x Pure Color Lip Gelee “Electric Cherry”, “Electric Violet”, “Electric Coral”, “Electric Pink”
- 4x Pure Color Long-Lasting Lipstick “Wild Fire”, “Wild Blossom”, “Wild Coral”, “Wild Violet”
- Pure Color 5 Color Eye Shadow Palette “Wild Violet”
- Pure Color Eye Shadow “Untamed Violet”, “Sugar Cube”
- Pure Color Nail “Charcol Grey”
- Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil “Effervescent Purple”
- Fragrance “Wild Elixir”
Firstly, I think it’s a shame there’s no promotional picture of the lipstick – I would’ve loved to see those! Secondly, I find it irritating that the names of the products are either similar or even the same! Why would you do that? That can only lead to confusion! And thirdly – the colors?! Spring time?! They would’ve been perfect for the Winter season! I won’t be buying anything from this collection – I want my spring to be colorful and fun and fresh and uplifting, just where the Acid/Neon-Color trend is going this season!
What do you think?