Ask yourself this: Can you imagine life as a short-arse? What difficulties do you reckon are there for people who are shorter than the average 5ft4?
Taking one look at my outfit pictures, you can see my eternal issue in life:
- I can’t reach the floor with my toes when I sit on the bog or on any chair (which means I’m never sitting in the ideal position for my back, even with the most ergonomic adjustable chairs, because the seating area is also bigger than my thighs are long!)
- My car seat has to be the closest to the steering wheel (which makes me look like a right idiot)
- I have to stand on tip toes in photos to not look like a dwarf next to any of my friends or even better constantly wear heels (so I’m constantly in pain and it definitely also doesn’t help my already screwed-up back)
- Kids who are 7 or older are generally taller than me (can be dangerous when walking alone as I look like a kid from behind, hence an easy target)
- I have to prove myself more than normal size people because people literally look down on me (and consequently don’t take me as serious)
- I constantly have neck pain and I’m getting horizontal wrinkles on my forehead from having to look up constantly when I talk to people (which also means I get nice sunburns in my face and again, doesn’t help my back)
- I have to clime onto surfaces (yes, even at work!!) to reach top shelves, etc (not embarrassing at all)
- I feel like I have to be Size 6-8 to actually look proportional (think Kylie Minogue, Christina Aguilera – they are might height but look proportional because they are so incredibly tiny)
But what is really the most frustrating is the issues I get with the fashion world, which can be an absolute pain to deal with. Not just the issue of looking like a fool trying to get an item down from the top rack or shelf reaching and stretching until everything hurts and then admit defeat because that stupid hanger just wont move or because I can’t even find the price tag (honestly, I seldomly even bother looking at items that are above my head level), but more importantly: NOTHING EVER FITS! Having to cut off up to 2 inches off jeans really sucks! After all, I freaking paid for those two inches of fabric too!! And those cute jeans that have decorations or zips on the ankles? Well I don’t even need to look at them. And then there’s the issues with dresses constantly being too long, skirts being too long, etc. Being short freaking sucks!! If I had £100k, I wouldn’t even hesitate to get a leg lengthening surgery done! That’s how much I hate being short.
And of course the fashion world can only cater to so many different shapes, sizes and heights. There’s petite ranges, but not all fashion retailers do them, which is a shame. And then, despite the fact that they use less fabric, they still charge the same or even more.
So what with hating being short and not finding anything good about it, I’ve finally found something that I am excited about that only short people can benefit from: Kids Clothes!! Yup, Kids Clothes!! It’s a bid odd to steer into the kids section, but for example the teenagers range from New Look FREAKING FITS ME!!!! To hell with the shame and embarrassment! This is exciting!
AND IT GETS BETTER: THEY ARE SO MUCH CHEAPER THAN ADULT CLOTHES!!
Here’s a comparison of almost identical if not very comparable items:
Adults (left) v Kids (right)
So on average you can save between £5-6 per item in comparison to the adult version! Who doesn’t like a bargaineous shopping spree (yes, that’s a word, right? ;))
Of course this wearing kids clothes as adults only works for the slimmer brigade of adults – Size 8 is roughly the same size as 12-13 Years and Size 10 is about 14-15 Years, which is the biggest size for kids. With these being kids clothes they work a lot better for those who find that normal size ranges aren’t great fits and would reach for petite sizes if available, as these are tailored to shorter limbs and stuff too.
GET YOUR ARSE DOWN TO NEW LOOK (OR ANY OTHER FASHION STORE THAT DOES KIDS SIZES) AND GIVE IT A GO! HAIL TO THE BETTER FITTING ITEMS AND THE SAVING OF MONEY!