So, the first thing I wanted to talk about on this new blog was Sleek MakeUp, the Sleek iDivine Palettes in specific. I’m not sure if you’ve heard of them, there’s been tons of raves about their products on the internet. But in case you haven’t heard of it yet, let me just say.
O M F G!
Out of all the different brands that I have eye shadows of (MAC, MSCHIC, Barry M, Urban Decay, Too Faced are the major ones), I find myself reaching for my Sleek palettes the most.
For these reasons:
- Each palette comes with 12 different colors with different finishes. Matte and Frost mostly, some have a Satin finish too. That means lots of different looks can be created!
- Each palette comes with its inbuilt mirror which I find very convinient since most of the time when I travel I tend to forget to pack my compact mirror, but never have to worry, because I know I’ll have at least one of my Sleek palettes with me!
- Because (at least here in the UK), they are just dirt cheap for the quality and amount of product! They’re each £5.99 which currently works out as less than ten US or Canadian dollars or Euros.
- The color payoff of the eyeshadows is amazing. They are very highly pigmented
- The eye shadows are very easy blendable, including the mattes, which not every company can claim
- Sturdy packaging (which I care about deeply as I had other palettes of other companies open or break on me and spilling and ruining the expensive eye shadows or the surrounding items in my bag)
Unfortunately, up until just recently, Sleek didnt gave any of their individual eye shadows in the palettes names and I’m not very good with describing colors like others can.
But with their recent Limited Edition palettes “Bad Girl” (sold out UK wide!), “Good Girl” and “Sparkle” came specific names for each color! Hurrah!!
I have the following two palettes (and I promise, I will be buying and raising them more as time passes):
|Sleek iDivine “Sunset” (Photo: musingofamuse.com)|
|Sleek iDivine “Storm” (Photo: retailtherapy.onsugar.com)|
The iDivine palettes series has the following palettes as permanent:
- Storm *
- Acid *
- Sunset *
- Chaos *
The following palettes have been released as limited editions and may still be found on eBay or in stores
- Graphite *
- Jewels *
- Curious *
- Bohemian *
- Bad Girl *
- Good Girl *
- Sparkle *
- Circus *
If anyone is interested, I’m happy to look through my old photo box and find pics of me with looks created with Sleek products or I can just create a new look.
And of course, if you fancy, I’m happy to make a tutorial (pictures or video?) for you guys as well :)
Thanks for reading my blog!
Ms Drifted SW
* purchased palettes (not all of them currently in my possession yet)