This past week saw the launch of the PixiGlow collection by Pixi in stores (Boots) and online as well as the official launch event at their London store, which their PR girls kindly invited me to. I was very excited to go not only to see first hand what can only be described as a dream collaboration between Pixi and Disney, but also to see a lot of bloggers who I hadn’t seen in a long time. Maybe you’re wondering now why I didn’t blog about the event itself – that’s because it was sooo busy in the store that there was barely space and yeah, I ended up chatting away to friends than thinking about taking pictures (tut tut, I know).
But I want to take the opportunity to introduce you to the very cute PixiGlow collection now!
In partnership with Disney and inspired by the world’s most famous fairy, Tinker Bell, Pixi has created its new PixiGlow collection. Drawing inspiration from Tinker Bell‘s ever youthful and illuminating beauty, PixiGlow tells the story of this charming, playful fairy and her enchanted world.
The collection took shape as Petra Strand, makeup artist and Pixi creator, worked with Disney character artist, John Quinn, to re-imagine the Tinker Bell of fond childhood memories into a classic, vintage-inspired, beaming beauty.
The PixiGlow extension line offers that final sprinkle of twinkle for eyes, lips and cheeks, allowing women to turn an ordinary look into an extraordinary one while celebrating every day with a touch of magic.
Pixi‘s collaboration with Disney has inspired the PixiGlow collection to comprise 6 items:
- Fairy Face Palette in Pixi Belle (£32) – a comprehensive palette which comes with 5 eyeshadows, 5 lipcolours, 1 multi-shade blush as well as 1 blush brush, 1 dual-ended sponge applicator for the eyeshadows and 1 dual-ended brush applicator for the lip colours
- Fairy Dust in Moonlit Luster (£10) – a white, shimmery loose eyeshadow
- Magic Tink Tint in Happy Thoughts Pink (£12) – a lip balm in crayon packaging that naturally interacts with the pH levels of your lips’ skin and gives you the perfect hue of pink
- Catching Shadows Crayon in Beaming Reflection (£12) – a waterproof cream-to-powder eyeshadow crayon in champagne kind of beige brown
- Straight on till Morning Liner (£9.50) – a waterproof, long-lasting eyeliner in dark forest green with the tiniest glitter particles for a bit of shimmer and glamour
I absolutely love the look and feel of this collection. There is so much detail going on on the cardboard packaging alone, but also on the individual products’ packagings. It’s super cute and girly and really reflects the Tinker Bell theme quite nicely. It seems it’s Pixi at their best yet again! And I’m super excited to try these products, because I haven’t ever used any Pixi products – MUCHO EXCITEMENT! :-)
In the next few days (hopefully, otherwise, it’ll be next 1-2 weeks) I’ll be giving you reviews on each product or at least show you what you can do with them (I’ve set myself the challenge to create a look with the entire collection too!). I’ll be blogging from Germany by the way, so I’ve reserved a special place in my little suitcase just for these goodies!!
Do you like the look of this collection? Have you tried Pixi products before? Which product should I review first?