1 month holiday in Germany.
1 month holiday in Manchester without access or money for makeup.
1 piece of hand luggage.
1 clear plasic bag.
What makeup do you take with you when you go away for 2 months? Do you need blushers? Do you need powders? What about eye shadows? Lipsticks? Lipgloss? Makeup brushes? What about hair/body/face care stuff? THAT’s the question(s).
Mid-June I had to pack really well thought through. I needed to pack stuff that I would need in Germany AND in Manchester. I wouldn’t be able to spend any money on anything until I’m moved into my new flat in September.
So eventually after a lot of pondering, I decided to not bring any makeup at all except for a few items, excluding foundations, blushers, eye shadows, brushes and the lot.
Here’s what I did bring and have been living off for the past month (and have to live off for another month):
1. Dolce & Gabbana – Light Blue Sample — I had picked this sample of Dolce & Gabbana‘s Light Blue perfume up in Birmingham just before I left the UK and I liked the smell. Combined with #6 I knew I’d be sorted. And there’s always mum’s perfumes, right?
2. Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturizer — I love this moisturizer! I love Liz Earle products. The Cleanse & Polish was too big for my clear plastic bag (and I think also from the volume), so I just brought this. But I knew, I wasn’t going to leave for Germany and not have one of Liz’s products on me!
3. Thalgo Oxygen SOS Serum — I’m still trialing this product. it’s my first Thalgo product and my first facial serum I’m trying! Thought I could try it over holidays. It’s very refreshing and hydrating with all its marine ingredients, especially since in the first couple of weeks in Germany there was a lot of sunshine. I’m glad I brought it. Review is coming!
4. Nailtique Formula 2 — My friend gave me this Nailtique’s nail therapy product with a promise that this if used properly it would fix my peeling, flakey nails. I had told her that OPI’s Nail Envy hadn’t done anything for my nails, so I challenged her. I got it at the end of June, so it had to come with me too!
5. Carmex Cherry Lip Balm — Cant live without this little gem. It’s part of my bag furniture really. Carmex for the win!
6. L’Occitane Pivoine Flora Roll-On Perfume — I didn’t know how much #1 would last so I thought I’d bring this clever roll-on perfume from L’Occitane‘s limited edition summer collection with me too. Their full-size version of this perfum was just too bulky to fit into that so limiting 1 clear bag :-(
7. ArtDeco All in One Mascara — I love small mascaras. This one was so ideal for travelling and geez, turns out its actually a Holy Grail mascara (sorry 2true voluptulash!) I definitely need to buy this again! Good thing I went travelling. Just needed a little mascara and turns out this little ArtDeco wand is PERFECT in every way :) HOLY GRAIL!
8. MAC Black LiquidLast — The reason I chose to bring a liquid liner rather than a gel liner is that it would require bringing a brush too. I had already packed up my brushes when I realised that one (LMAO), so I grabbed this one that I had bought through a blog sale. God knows why she sold this liner, because it’s THE BEST LINER I’VE EVER TRIED!!! HOLY GRAIL
That’s all I brought in terms of beauty! No foundation, no blushers, no nothing! I still feel naked and I bet you I will go off and end up buying lots of products when I’m in Manchester even though I have all that stuff anyways – just nicely tucked away at Lodz’s parents’ house! BUT I also have to say I have found 2 new holy grail products, and 2 more products that I didn’t know where going to be brilliant. So all in all: WIN WIN.
What makeup would you take on a 2 months holiday if you only had hand luggage and thus 1 clear plasic bag?
Miss drifted Snow White