Some of you might know now that my boyfriend Lodz has moved to Manchester for his gradjob in IT Sales. I am super excited for him to have this job (it’s such a tough job market especially since everyone is going studying at the moment), he’ll be kicking major butt in it too! But it also means I have now more or less a lack of choice of where to find a job after uni – it’s either splitting up with him (I can’t do a 3rd and 4th year with living apart) or find a job in Manchester. Manchester has 0 jobs to offer for what I want to do (Beauty PR) as all of those companies sit in London. So I am not a happy bunny…
Or am I?
First I went into Manchester City Centre to explore the town alone (and to go to Superdrug‘s Beauty Bus with Barry M & Beauty UK - read about it here). I needed to get used to the idea of living in Manchester, get to know the people, the atmosphere, etc.
And then on Saturday, Lodz & I both went to town together – he hadn’t done any exploring himself. And I ended up buying lots of things. And when I can buy things, little Miss drifted Snow White is happy. And if it’s good shopping (= no people rushing around, no overcrowded streets, no mile long queues, no messy shops), THEN little Miss drifted Snow White loves it!
1. Rainbow Brite T-Shirt from Primark — I didn’t grow up in the UK, so I didn’t know that this was a kids’ tv show when I picked this shirt up from Primark! I just thought it was mega cute! I used to watch Care Bears and they had rainbows too, but they didn’t have shirts of that, so I thought this one would do! And it makes my boobs look awesome! LOL!
2. J’Adore Hello Kitty Paris T-Shirt from Takko €4.99 — Actually, mum bought me this shirt when I went shopping with her and my niece Sara (which I completely forgot to tell you about!! TUT TUT). We bought it at Takko, which is like the German equivalent for Primark. Actually, Sara wanted to have it, but I wanted it too and it was the last one so Sara and I bartered and she gave in (my argument of I had spent €50 on her already worked lol). Can you believe that a 10 year old and a 27 year old can fit into the same shirt?
3. I Eat Brains T-Shirt from New Yorker €9.99 — Can you see the trend here? What with printed shirts? ;-) I don’t know why I’m sooo into them right now! I mean I’m short as a 12 year old and dress like one too! But I just can’t pull off the looks that so many girls like Vipxo and Llymlrs are wearing! Sadly I don’t have cash, nor the style nor the body for it :-( So I go the opposite way and dress cute/ridiculously haha. Btw, New Yorker is a German clothing chain, maybe comparable to Blue Inc/Select.
4. Barely Black Tights from Morrison — Speaks for itself really, doesn’t it? Needed tights – the cheapest kind is always good for me, because I manage to ruin all kinds of tights. Interestingly enough these are called ‘Barely Black’ which I expected to be like a very, very dark grey. Errr, nope, its a medium grey lol! Thanks, Morrison!
5. Knickers 3 for £7 from New Look — New Look are (currently?) doing an offer where you can buy 3 knickers for £7. Lodz had promised he’d buy me new underwear and had already bought me #6 from La Senza so I could hardly let him get away with a bra only! Doesn’t count as underwear when it’s only a bra, right? :-) Of course he got to choose! Good thing he has a very good taste :-)
6. Black T-Shirt Bra from La Senza £10 — Since losing weight, I’m not a 68-70 back but a C-D cup wise (is this too much information). 70D isn’t the easiest size to buy, but I know La Senza do them. I have 2 white versions of this bra, but I needed a black one. Thanks, boyfriend!!
7. Little Miss Trouble T-Shirt from Primark £6 — Lots of people call me ‘trouble’ and I don’t know why! :-p So when Lodz and I spotted this shirt in Primark (we’d gone in because I needed a new, over-sized bag) it had to be mine!
8. Citric Over-Size Bag from Primark £8 — Isn’t this a fantastic bag? I love it! Now I have a cherry dress and a lemon & orange bag! I love these oversized bags, because I want to take my DSLR eveywhere now and with the constantly feeble weather, it’s best to be able to bring a layer of clothing and being able to put it away if needed! Cheap over sized bags from Primark FOR THE WIN!
Lodz and I went on to discover lovely market stands and some posh shops as well and today I will go and explore the vintage shopping options! I gotta say, I LOVE Manchester!! I’m so relieved! I thought I’d hate it and still be forced to move here to be with Lodz, but NO I actually love it! It’s so artsy – I missed that (my entire family is musicians and artists!). YAY for me and Lodz, eh? :-)
Are you a fan of printed shirts and/or of Manchester, like I am?
Miss drifted Snow White