This summer I’ve been obsessed with making my own friendship bracelets, because I’ve been too broke to financially buy into the arm candy overload trend. I vowed to myself that I can make bracelets that retail at £4 for next to naught and so I did :)
So I thought I share how to make one of my favourite bracelets, really quick and easy and from afar it looks like a proper chevron-patterned friendship bracelet in less than 10 minutes!
What you’ll need:
1. 2 strings each of 4+ different colours at least 20cm long each
2. pair of scissors, a button and a safety pin
Before you begin, tie the strings together in a knot creating a loop on the top, where the button will fit through later, and use the safety pin to fix the entire thing to a pillow.
Instructions step by step
1. Lay out your strings (assuming you use 4 colours) in the following order: 1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1 and pull them apart in the middle, so that you have 1-2-3-4 in the left hand and 4-3-2-1 in the right hand
2. Take Colour 1 (most left one) from your left hand
3. Place Colour 1 next to Colour 4 (most left one) on the right side, crossing over Colours 2, 3 and 4 on the left side
4. Take Colour 1 (most right one) from your right hand
5. Place Colour 1 next to Colour 4 (most right one) on the left side, crossing over all strings on the right side
Repeat this with the other colours until you’ve got the right length. Then tie a knot at the end and pull the strings through the button holes and fixate them with more knots.
Voila! You have a super quick pretty chevron-patterned friendship bracelet!
Hope you enjoyed this little DIY post :)
Did you like this summer’s arm-candy trend?
Did you buy or DIY?
Shall I do some more tutorials?
Send me links to tutorials you followed – my obsession is still not over!!