Now that Lodz and I are moving I’m planning to seek out as many Salsa classes and social dancing events as possible. Salsa was always my first love and always will be. It just makes me feel like I’m in freaking Dirty Dancing haha. So of course now I need to stock up on a lot of dance gear again. I used to dance Salsa a lot when I first moved to the UK. So much so, that I took classes every night and not just 1 but at least 2 classes plus social dancing a night. I was seriously obsessed and I progressed so fast that after like 6 months people thought I had been dancing for 18 months. But once I moved to Birmingham, I couldn’t dance anymore because, contrary to popular belief of Brum being a cultural melting pot, they aren’t very big on dancing Salsa there. I replaced it with Jiu Jitsu and became just as obsessed. It’s always an all-or-nothing situation for me I guess.
01. Jazz Shoes – spins in normal shoes just don’t work. The shoes need a suede sole! And I don’t really wanna kill my feel with the highest heels during the classes. There’s enough time for that in the social dancing ;)
02. Dance Shoes – I used to have ruby red glittery Dorothy type heels for dancing, but they didn’t work with every outfit. Black shoes are a lot more suitable. These are like tap shoes but without the tapping effect.
03. Floating Skirt / Dress – for social dancing this would be perfect. Not too Strictly Come Dancing glitzy.
04. Foot Cushion Sock Things – because it’s always an all-or-nothing thing with me, I know I will dance like every night if I can and my feet will hate me for it, just like my body did when I did Jiu Jitsu every single night.
05. Dance Costume – depending on the atmosphere and the age average where I’m going to dance, I want to start or at least join a Salsa Society where we perform at different functions and events and stuff, so a glitzier outfit is necessary!